"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. "--Walt Disney

Aunt E, Uncle G with the nieces

Aunt E, Uncle G with the nieces
Love our nieces dearly!!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

For the record: I am a MOTHER!

Single or married, childless women hear the line "You don't understand, you're not parent/mother" often. I know those that have living children under their roof speak without thinking many times, but in the past 14 months, hearing that line really peeves me off.  This week was no exception, however, I finally reached my breaking point and spoke my peace.
 Just so you know....and your children will know...and your children's children will know....(in the words of Julia Sugarbaker)

1) I AM A MOTHER!!!! My son may not be sleeping in the room across from mine or on Earth, but I know where he is at all times. Do you know where yours is?

2) I AM A MOTHER!!! I NEVER have to worry about Aiden having to deal with the cruelty and evil in this world.

3) Never tell someone who as lost a child, regardless of when in pregnancy or early infancy that they "do not understand," try losing one of your breathing academic/athletic wonders and see if it is easy to hear those pathetic words you just spoke.

4) Obviously my son did something right, because he didn't have to deal with this world...he got on the fast track to Heaven.

5) Don't tell me Aiden is better off where he is...while I would love to hold him here on Earth, I know the GREAT PHYSICIAN has my angel in HIS arms.

It has been 14 months since I held Aiden in the palm of my right hand. I saw his little feet, his arms, the profile of his face...the transparency of his skin showing me his heart and his eyes. He was perfect! I know I'll never get to watch him take his first steps or hear him say "Mama" or even see him smile, but in the briefest time held him, I realized what a mother's love meant. I may never hold my sweet Aiden here on Earth, but I hold him everyday in my heart.

I am Aiden's mom.


Postscript: (from my mom's Facebook status on Jan 14, 2012) "GRANDCHILD WEEK. IF YOU HAVE BEAUTIFUL GRANDCHILDREN THAT YOU LOVE MORE THAN YOU CAN DESCRIBE, COPY AND PASTE THIS TO YOUR WALL. THEY WILL HOLD YOUR HAND FOR A LITTLE WHILE, BUT YOUR HEART FOR LIFE TIME I LOVE YOU ALL!
THANK YOU GOD FOR GIVING ME OUR GRACE, JUNE, RUTH AND OUR PRECIOUS ANGEL AIDEN THESE PRECIOUS OUR AMAZING GRANDCHILDREN"

No comments:

Post a Comment