Whew...two big events for my students made for a long day for this teacher. My four junior high spellers along with Mrs. N's four spellers made a trip to the county spelling bee. I can tell you that this was an interesting trip, as we arrived there safely thanks to Mr. Hoover W. The announcer for the bee was unspectacular. She had the students asking for the pronunciation of their particular word several times. One poor student missed his word as she used a pronunciation that he did not understand. I spoke up on it, as I was one of the judges and I swear that woman gave me the "stink eye" for the remainder of the bee! LOL. None of our students placed in the top three, but they had fun, so it made the morning a pleasant time. Mexican for lunch and mercy did the kids eat, laugh and have a good time--they were very polite though, so parents should be proud.
My work day ended with auditions for CSI:Neverland....I think I was more nervous than those trying out for a role. I had the kiddos get on stage for a bit of a vocal warm-up that I believe would have made Dr. Ardith Morris of ATU proud. Then the auditions started....lines, more lines, more-more-more lines, shuffling students from one role to another to see the "fit" and watching one student auditioning for the male lead "fly" off stage in a dazzling jump! (obviously he won the role)
Rehearsals begin on the 23rd and I'm anxiously anticipating them. Our art teacher, Lyndsey H., is my right hand and our art director/set designer. She had her ideas sketched out shortly after we received the okay and our playbooks! I'm so excited with the designs and she has a group of kids willing to help. I have a student director, who is also in the play. H.W. is a senior and has participated in various play at her former school. With this knowledge, I know she'll be an asset to me and give me perspectives on things I might not see.
Time to "break a leg."
No comments:
Post a Comment