"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. "--Walt Disney

Aunt E, Uncle G with the nieces

Aunt E, Uncle G with the nieces
Love our nieces dearly!!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Welcome back to the neighborhood Bo!!

Bo is the neighbor's retriever mix that until two weeks ago, ate, slept and played in both his yard and ours. However, on December 23rd, he was hurt as the two Great Danes on the other side of us pulled his right paw through our chain link fence and badly hurt him. His owner found him resting on their porch, noticing that Bo had lost a great deal of blood. Bo's owners C & J contacted Gary and I that night via Facebook and the next morning we called to find out that Bo had been hurt. It made the holidays sad as we expected Bo to come over and spend time with Katy and Digs, as well as love on us. Thankfully the good LORD above watches not over just humans, but I think those special animals in our lives, as the vet was able to save Bo's front right leg.
Tonight, Bo's owner J brought him over for a quick visit on the porch. I was absolutely tickled to see him, as my heart still breaks for not being home when the incident happened. Bo tried so hard to get into my lap and into the house. He has a bit of a kennel cough from spending two weeks at the vet's office, but seeing him made the start of my weekend. I wish Gary could have seen Bo, as we've missed him terribly. C & J are building a six foot high wooden fence to divide our yards and to protect their two precious little ones L & J. I don't blame them one bit, as the Dane's would've been dead had they have hurt the kids.
At present, G and I are making minor repairs to our chain link fence where the Danes have torn part of the links off the poles. We're about to build our own fence to keep the Danes from hanging onto our fence. What has amazed me is that I fully expected C & J to be furious with us for Bo being hurt while in our backyard, but they were concerned in making sure Katy and Digs were not hurt. C & J are wonderful neighbors. Their kids are absolutely precious to G and me. L liked giving our two treats and we've loved giving Bo and the two before him treats as well. I guess now we'll be bringing treats to one another's doors for the beloved pets.
Keep getting well Bo, as Gary and I are so glad you are back next door. Keep L & J giggling with your sweet nature! Also, enjoy the new pup Lily!

No comments:

Post a Comment